This recognition was developed by the BSA National Fishing Task Force and replaces the Certified Angler Award. Unlike that previous award, the Complete Angler Recognition doesn’t require an online test. Once a boy earns the three merit badges, he’s eligible to receive the patch.
BSA Complete Angler requirements
- Earn the Fishing merit badge.
- Earn the Fly Fishing merit badge
- Earn the Fish and Wildlife Management merit badge.
- Complete one or more of the following projects:
1. Teach a Fishing or Fly Fishing merit badge skill to your troop, crew or team as part of a unit program activity.
2. Help instruct Cub Scouts on fishing skills or fishery management as part of a Cub Scout meeting or outing.
3. Participate in a local fishing derby or tournament, either a Scouting or Community event.
4. Complete a conservation project that will benefit a local fishery.
Download and Complete the application below.