A District Committee chairman does the following:
- Identify and recruit enough of the right people as operating committee chairmen
- Initiate plans and help committee c h airmen recruit an adequate number of members to carry out the functions of the district.
- Plan (with the district executive) and preside at district committee meetings.
- Work with the district commissioner and district executive to stimulate and to coordinate the work of the district, to ensure the success of the Scouting units.
- In cooperation with the district executive, ensure the completion of district goals.
- Represent the district on the council executive board, once elected.
- Recognize individuals, committees, and chartered organizations for their Scouting accomplishments.
- Support local and national Scouting policies, procedures, and practices.
- Help to secure support for Scouting from top community leaders throughout the district.
- Track and attain goals for district’s achievement items.
- Annually appoint a district nominating committee to select nominees for district officers and district members at large.