National Outdoor Challenge Unit Award requirements
- The troop developed an annual plan for the current year.
- Either a or b:
2a. Our troop conducted 10 outdoor trips or activities with at least 50 percent of the registered youth participating.
2b. Our troop increased the number of outdoor trip or activities compared to the previous year.
- Our troop attended long-term resident camp or a local/national high-adventure experience of at least six days/five nights.
- The troop conducted at least one outing with a Webelos Scout den.
- The troop earned at least one outdoors-related merit badge per Scout (see below).
- The troop conducted at least one Leave No Trace program during the calendar year for a minimum of 50 percent of the members.
Outdoor-Related Merit Badges
Backpacking, Camping, Canoeing, Climbing, Cooking, Cycling, Emergency Preparedness, Environmental Science, First Aid, Fish and Wildlife Management, Fishing, Fly Fishing, Forestry, Hiking, Lifesaving, Orienteering, Pioneering, Rowing, Scuba, Snow Sports, Soil and Water Conservation, Swimming, Water Sports, Whitewater
Download the application below.