This is a great time of year to see where you are at and make adjustments, if needed, to hit the Gold Level achievements for your Unit's perspective JTE requirements. Most units will be sitting down during the summer months and plan out next year's calendar, events, and activities during its Annual Planning Conference. This is a great time to look at your JTE Scorecard and see how you are doing and in what areas you need to improve on to finish out the calendar year strong.
What Journey to Excellence Brings to Your Unit
A framework for planning the year.
- The Journey to Excellence standards are based on what successful units do to continually improve.
- If your unit plans to achieve gold or silver Journey to Excellence, you’ll have a strong and active program.
- Journey to Excellence provides tangible measurements based on things you are likely already tracking, such as how many campouts you have, how many youth are advancing, etc., and uses simple ways to calculate your performance.
- As you track your performance against the Journey to Excellence standards, you can easily see where you could do better.
- Journey to Excellence has specific, simple measures to help you. You can easily compare what you are doing against the standards.
- You track any areas where your unit is not performing as you might like and have plenty of time to make corrections.
- You can proudly receive your bronze, silver, or gold recognition for your Scouting unit for the year.
- You can receive help and best practices in areas where other units have met the gold standard. • In the areas where you are doing well, you can give help and ideas to other units.